Digital warfare is a major threat to democratic values.
George Bernard once said: “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” These days, to change means to stay one step ahead of your competition.
The allegations of manipulations in the U.S. and French elections have shown the menace to society, and since the worldwide attack using the WannaCry ransomware, digital warfare has come into the public focus like never before.
Yet, the precautions that everyone should take in their everyday behavior, and the protective measures required of businesses and public institutions, are known to few.
The summit will examine the extent to which standards in the virtual world can stand up to the challenges of the real world. Together, we will gain an in-depth understanding of the current threat landscape and challenge best practices securing a safe cyber environment to strengthen democracy.
- How can we protect our democracies from cyber attacks?
- What threats are we facing today and what do we have to expect in the future?
- How can we create awareness for Cyber Security?
- What can a hacker’s role be in defending the biggest accomplishments of civilization?
Summits are by invitation-only and limited to 150 participants.
To join and contribute please fill out this form.
Summit Host: Sven Weizenegger
Sven has 20 years of experience in Cyber Security. He is Co-Founder and Managing Director of a new Cyber Security Venture, former security officer of the biggest German Fintech startup, and enjoyed working for Deutsche Telekom/T-Systems for more than 13 years in different leadership positions. During this time he built international partnerships, was a founding member of the Cyber Security Summit in cooperation with the Munich Security Conference and, of course, was actively hacking for many years.
This summit is heavily supported by Marisa Hinrichs. She works with startups and in digital journalism, observing worldwide media trends for international brands and publishers.
* Summits are invitational one-day gatherings at the heart of Techfestival, each hosted by distinct thought leaders. Real talk on the topics where we need it most. A diverse group of experts within a specific field comes together to discuss the bigger picture, and to share and challenge best practices.